Oatmeal is a heart-healthy whole grain, which can lower your risk of several diseases, including high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Oatmeal contains lignans, which has been found to prevent heart disease. It is also a great source of iron, magnesium, and B vitamins. It is an excellent source of fiber, and along with LivWell protein, you will feel full after eating this for a long time!
- ½ cup organic steel-cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 heaping scoops vanilla LivWell
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional topping: berries, sliced bananas, pecans, sliced almonds, almond butter, maple syrup
1. In a slow cooker, combine oats, water, non-dairy milk, and chia seeds. Put slow cooker on the low setting to leave overnight. Be sure to put the top on the slow cooker.
2. In the morning, stir the oats; add the mashed banana and cinnamon. Garnish with topping of choice.
3. If you don’t have a slow cooker, boil 1 cup of water and 1 cup of non-dairy milk. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup of oats. Cover the pan and let stand overnight in refrigerator. In the morning cook on low heat for 9-12 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and the oats are tender. Garnish with topping of choice.